Life is so fragile but yet beautiful. It’s so painful but yet so peaceful. Lately, I haven’t felt inspired to write. But something dropped in my spirit today broken crayons still color. You might think you don’t have it all together so I can’t go forth but just because your broken doesn’t mean don’t color. Color your dream you have all the elements you’re just broken.
Now I’m not talking about the dream state of sleep. But more vision in regards to dreams. So truly what is a vision? According to the dictionary, vision means the ability to think about or plan the future with imagination or wisdom. I like this definition because it is approaching a plan with wisdom. Besides, vision means to see! Having the ability to see both figuratively and spiritually is so important. When I speak of dreams I’m speaking in this context of a cherished aspiration, ambition, or ideal.
When I was little in elementary school I remember one of our career days we did this exercise. This exercise has stuck with me more than any elementary school memory. I still remember how the halls felt when we walked outside. Our teacher told us to write on paper what you want to be when you grow up. I remember thinking I’m not sure but maybe I wanted to be a writer. That choice was odd because I struggled with reading and spelling. I struggled so much the teacher would send manila envelopes of worksheets home to help me because I was so behind. However with a sparkle of enthusiasm I wrote writer. So our teacher gave us a ballon and put our paper in there. Then I don’t remember if we blew them up or helium did. She said now look at the sky release your ballon and she said you can reach for the sky you can be whatever you want to be. That day she sparked a dream not to write but to dream. Having the ability to have vision will take you further than you think. Can you imagine having a plan with wisdom before life decisions so we can navigate our dreams? See we can dream but we need the vision to execute. In my life I allowed life to take my dreams away. Or in other situations, it could have been other factors.
It was many times when I lost the ability to dream. Like in college for my bachelor’s degree that took me almost six years. Or when it took three tries to get my master’s degree. Let’s not forget recently when I was one class away from finishing my course work for my doctorate and I failed from illness. It sure is rough when you don’t have hope for the future. For me, I think I allowed my illnesses to take away my hope. Not until recently have I started to dream and envision things for my life again.
So what’s your dream or vision? What stops you? Or have you stopped dreaming? Let’s make a plan step by step on how to reignite the purpose of your vision.
1. What we need to do is seek the Master Strategist the Lord God Almighty! Why? The word says “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” Jeremiah 29:11 KJV
2. Once you seek the Lord remember any lost dreams can be resurrected that is in his will. “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” John 10:10 KJV
3. Don’t forget to give your will over to Christ because he should be first in all things. “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33 KJV
4. Now its time for the vision because you resurrected your dreams. “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” Proverbs 29:18 KJV
5. Now WRITE THE VISION. “And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.” Habakkuk 2:2-3 KJV
2 thoughts on “Blog Post #5 Broken Crayons Still Color”
This was a breath of fresh air!!!! Everyone has imperfections and setbacks. All too often we see the perfect shiny finished product of people’s accomplishments and not the ugly murky part. Even if we have to take a break or keep swinging, or writing:) wiyh our knees knocking arms trembling or scraped up! I can do this Dam! Thank you for the boost to get on the vision!
LikeLiked by 2 people
This was a breath of fresh air!!!! Everyone has imperfections and setbacks. All too often we see the perfect shiny finished product of people’s accomplishments and not the ugly murky part. Even if we have to take a break or keep swinging, or writing:) with our knees knocking arms trembling or scraped up! I can do this Sam! Thank you for the boost to get on the vision!
LikeLiked by 1 person